Since its founding in 1969, Project Management Institute (PMI) has grown to be the organization of choice for project management professionalism. With 240,000 members in 160 countries, PMI is the leading nonprofit professional association in the area of Project Management. PMI establishes project management standards, provides seminars, educational programs and professional certification that more and more organizations desire for their project leaders. Sharing project experiences, effective project management techniques and tools, and valuable lessons learned are among the many benefits of being a member of the Project Management Institute.
The PMI Kansas City Mid America Chapter was chartered in 1993 and today has more than 1,800 members. Membership provides the opportunity to network with other Project Management professionals and practitioners in a diverse range of industries throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area, eastern Kansas and western Missouri.
Please click HERE to download a copy of our brochure.
The vision of the KC Mid America Chapter is to be the professional association chapter of choice for project management knowledge, accreditation, development and practice.
The mission of the KC Mid America Chapter is to promote project management knowledge, standards and ethical practice for members, the profession and the community.
- Develop a growing and committed membership of Project Management Professionals by aggressively adding new members, retaining existing members, and gaining volunteer support.
- Provide interesting and educational programs.
- Increase awareness of PMI certification process.
- Provide our members the opportunity to earn their Professional Development Units.
- Improve communications with members and public.
- Create and deliver education that strengthens Project Management skills and enforces the concepts covered in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide).
- Work toward establishing student chapters at Avila, Kansas State University, Rockhurst University, University of Missouri - Kansas City and the University of Kansas.
- Give back to the community through service projects and other volunteer opportunities.
If you are already a member of PMI and you wish to join the KC Mid America Chapter of PMI click here.
The Chapter is governed by the By Laws adopted by the Chapter and amended from time to time.
A copy of the 2019 By Laws is available for viewing and download by members here.
PMI KC Mid-America Chapter Turned 30 in 2023