- Why Get Involved?
- Becoming a member not only improves the chapter, but also provides you with multiple opportunities to make a positive difference
- Earn Professional Development Units (PDUs) - one volunteer hour gives one PDU
- Meet project managers in the local area
- Learn new project management skills
- Enhance your professional skills (writing, presentation, leadership, etc.)
- Network with your peers
- Maintain connections with those involved in the chapter
- Help those in your community
- How Much Time is Required?
- Volunteer opportunities range from short-term commitments (several hours/month) to long-term committee lead roles (Board members/Directors). The KCPMI Chapter has many different opportunities available, and the hours and skills required for each opportunity vary. We have volunteer opportunities to fit everyone's busy schedule.
- How Do I Get Started?
- The PMI® Volunteer Relationship Management System (VRMS) is a searchable, centralized, and integrated volunteer web application and database available to current and prospective volunteers. You can search for opportunities to volunteer at our Chapter or worldwide today:
- Access the VRMS site: https://vrms.pmi.org
- Login to the site using your PMI.org username and password. If you do not have an account, register today!
- Search for the chapter in the Find an Opportunity section by selecting the KC Mid America Chapter in the Chapters/Global Operations Center
- Apply for any open opportunity by selecting Apply Now
What Happens Next?
- What Happens Next?
- All volunteer applications are sent to the hiring manager listed in the Opportunity Description, who will contact the applicants and make a selection. If you are selected for the position, you will receive an email offering you the volunteer position. If you do get the offer, please click the 'Accept' button. If you do not receive the offer, please apply for other opportunities.
Current Volunteer Openings:
- Director of Programs
- Director of Certifications
- Director Knowledge Exchange
- Director Exam Strategy
- Director of PDD
- Manager of Programs
- Manager of Chapter Meetings
- Manager of Certifications
- Manager Knowledge Exchange
- Manager of Vendors
- Manager Virtual Learning
- Director Military Outreach
- Director Academic Outreach
- Academic Outreach Team Members
- Director of Member Service
- Youth Mentoring Coordinator
- Youth Mentor Team Member
- Youth & Social Impact Services Team Member
- Member Service Team Member
- Chair, Speakers Committee
- Member Speakers Committee
Follow the steps listed in the Getting Started section above to apply!