- Why Get Involved?
- Becoming a member not only improves the chapter, but also provides you with multiple opportunities to make a positive difference
- Earn Professional Development Units (PDUs) - one volunteer hour gives one PDU
- Meet project managers in the local area
- Learn new project management skills
- Enhance your professional skills (writing, presentation, leadership, etc.)
- Network with your peers
- Maintain connections with those involved in the chapter
- Help those in your community
- How Much Time is Required?
- Volunteer opportunities range from short-term commitments (several hours/month) to long-term committee lead roles (Board members/Directors). The KCPMI Chapter has many different opportunities available, and the hours and skills required for each opportunity vary. We have volunteer opportunities to fit everyone's busy schedule.
- How Do I Get Started?
- The PMI® Volunteer Relationship Management System (VRMS) is a searchable, centralized, and integrated volunteer web application and database available to current and prospective volunteers. You can search for opportunities to volunteer at our Chapter or worldwide today:
- Access the VRMS site: https://vrms.pmi.org
- Login to the site using your PMI.org username and password. If you do not have an account, register today!
- Search for the chapter in the Find an Opportunity section by selecting the KC Mid America Chapter in the Chapters/Global Operations Center
- Apply for any open opportunity by selecting Apply Now
What Happens Next?
- What Happens Next?
- All volunteer applications are sent to the hiring manager listed in the Opportunity Description, who will contact the applicants and make a selection. If you are selected for the position, you will receive an email offering you the volunteer position. If you do get the offer, please click the 'Accept' button. If you do not receive the offer, please apply for other opportunities.
Current Volunteer Openings:
PDD Agenda Team Member - Opportunity ID : 30637
PDD Speaker Team Member - Opportunity ID: 30639
Senior Director Collaborative Services
Collaborative Service Events Director
Collaborative Services Events Team Member
Facilities Team Member - Collaborative Services
PDU Capture Team Member - Collaborative Services
Contracts Director - Collaborative Services
Contracts Team Member - Collaborative Services
Projects Director - Collaborative Services
Knowledge Exchange Director - Professional Development
Knowledge Exchange Team - Professional Development
Chapter Meetings Director - Professional Development
Chapter Meetings Team Member - Professional Development
Agile COE Director – Professional Development - Community of Excellence
Agile COE Team Member – Professional Development - Community of Excellence
BA COE Director – Professional Development - Community of Excellence
BA COE Team Member – Professional Development - Community of Excellence
PM COE Director – Professional Development - Community of Excellence
PM COE Team Member – Professional Development - Opportunity ID: 31118
Programs Director - Professional Development
Director Community of Excellence - Community of Excellence
Follow the steps listed on the Getting Started section above to apply!